Gemology is a very interesting subject and forms an integral part of jewellery designing. It is an in-depth study of the origin and evolution of gemstones. The beauty, glitter and rarity of gems has made this subject worth the study of mankind.
Learning gemstones can interest numerous individuals , gemology being a huge subject must be learnt with passion & interest. Many of our gemologist doesn’t know the science and specialty of a jewel. What's more, as is commonly said, 'half learning is perilous', in this way half information in this subject also can incredibly affect a client. Most gemologist today utilize the little information they pick up to impact clients.
SIJD has additionally a course relating to all the shading stones accessible in the market. SDI shows Gemology in which the candidates are trained how to perceive characteristic gemstones, their development and significance, inclusions, clarity, treated gemstones. Each part of the shading stone has been educated .
If you are looking forward to learn about the gemstones into depth & make a great career of becoming gemologist, come join our institute a specialization course in gemology from our reputed Swarna Institute Of jewellery designing.This course will strengthen both your theoretical & technical knowledge.
- Introduction to Gems
- Physical Properties
- Chemical Properties
- Optical Properties
- Crystallography of Gemstones.
- Causes of color in Gemstones.
- Use of High-end equipment like Jewellers loupe, Microscope, Spectroscope,Dichroscope, Chelsea Color filter, UV light, Polari scope, Refractomer.
- Differentiating Natural Gemstones from its Synthetics & Simulants.
- Different types of Synthetics & its Identification.
- Description of Gemstones on the basis of Colors, Species & Chemical composition
- Different types of Treatments on Gemstones.
- Identification of treated Gemstones.
- Identification of various Inclusions in Gemstones.
- Extensive practical training.
- Special focus on the major Gemstones available in the market.
- Gemstones Market & Future
- Theory and practical exams